Friday, October 3, 2008

Bringing All Things Into Light

Troy's fight began on the afternoon of August 19th. I had made an appointment for a minor issue with our Family Practioner when Troy came to me and asked what time my appointment was for the next afternoon. Once I shared with him, he told me he wanted to come with me to my appointment. Since I was only going in for a minor issue I asked why. This is when he shared with me that he had a very large lump under his right arm. We were both very worried and called to change the appointment so that it could be his.

We arrived at the doctors office around a quarter to 1:00 pm. When the doctor came in and felt Troy's lump he stated that he had never felt a lump that large on a man before and immediately ordered a CT scan of his chest area. The results of the small CT scan showed that the lump was definitely one of his lymph nodes. Dr. Shelby then called McKayDee Hospital and got Troy an appointment for that afternoon with one of McKayDee's best surgeons for a biopsy of the lymph node. We drove straight to the hospital and had the biopsy done and headed home. They shared with us that they would call us Friday morning with the results of the biopsy. If it was, indeed, Lymphoma they would need to send it on to be typed.

We received a call on Friday morning around 11:00 am stating that it was definitely Lymphoma. The surgeon's office then said it would take several days to receive the type and staged.

We received a call from our Family Practioner at which time he decided to get Troy an appointment with the Oncologist as soon as possible. We were called the following day and told that Troy had an appointment scheduled with Dr. Vincent Hansen at McKay Dee Hospital on Thursday, August 28th.

(More to come......)

5 comments:

Jen Stone Browne said...

Thank you for posting this! We are praying for your family.

Selloholicmom said...

Annette, I am so sorry to hear this, but I am also so glad how quickly you both have been to get into the Dr. and keep moving forward. Many prayers my dear... If you need help, let me know, I am home and can help with kids or whatever comes to mind...

Heather Turner said...

Troy is a fighter...I've seen that first hand in karate!Keep strong in your faiath and give this up to God.
I am here for you whenever you need and even when you don't.

Much love,
Heather

Unknown said...

turner family, you are an inspiration to us all. God knows your suffering, and how strong your faith is, and Jesus will see you through this. Our prayers are with you daily.
love
Gary and sandy

Godparents said...

Hello Our Angels!!!!!!!!!
Remember this is a test,,,, and we
have a ton of cheat sheets!!!!!!!
Jesus & Mary are watching over your family,,, as you know, especially
your little Angels, Brianna & Christianna!!!
May the Peace of Jesus be with
you Always!!!!!!!!!
Bob & Cyndi