Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas, New Years and Junk Food!

Happy New Year! We are praying for a healthier 2009 for the Turner family! We are all impatiently awaiting Troy's PET CT scan which is scheduled for Thursday, January 8th @ 12:3o pm. Troy is feeling extremely nervous about this scan (I am a little as well but am really optimistic, God has brought us this far and I just feel deep down that it is going to be a clean scan). Troy is coming to the end of his second week which is always the worst out of the three by far. Again with the mouth sores and the boils that pop up on him. Another set of antibiotics to keep his infection at bay. And so this is how it goes for Troy!! Only two more treatments though. I can hardly believe it myself, TWO?! He is sooooo looking forward to ending his treatments as am I! Hang in there baby!!!

I had some great news just before Christmas as well. As many of you may (or may not) know, I was diagnosed with a rare form of cervical cancer back in 00 and had a cone biopsy to remove a portion of my cervix. I was so very lucky and did not have to undergo any sort of additional treatment. I had been doing great ever since until a couple of months ago when I started to experience a bit of bleeding. Well, I went in right away and a biopsy was done which came back benign! We were all very relieved at this news! We were pretty worried but are now feeling much better. Thank God!

We are all feeling the effects of the plethora of food made available to us over the Christmas break. We have way too much junk food around here for sure! I do really well myself most of the time until the stinking peanut butter M&M's enter my house! Extremely tasty little buggers. I'm telling them to keep out from now on though!!!! We are working towards getting in a bit better shape (it may be slow coming but we'll keep at it). Exercise does every body good!

We have had the most wonderful Christmas and New Years celebrations! We were so very blessed this year as God continues to work through those around us! Tears fill my eyes each time I think about the generosity of so many people, family, friends and strangers who bless us each day! Thank you for a wonderful and memorable Christmas season! Here's to a blessed and healthy 09 for all!!!!!

No comments: